Marriage Week is an annual celebration, initiated in Australia in 2007, to reinforce and promote the benefits/importance of marriage and increase awareness and value of pre-marriage and in-marriage education.
Our marriages are not private matters ~~ Our children, gain emotional security and a myriad of benefits from our marriage, our love and union. Our marriages matter to our extended family. They matter to our employers. They matter to society. They are the fabric that holds families together.
So, do something for your marriage in Marriage Week, come to think of it why wait – do it now! Sign up with our Marriage Investment Bank – find out more through the link below. Write a letter of thanks or praise to show your love for your spouse. Buy them a special gift, it does not have to be large or expensive.
During Marriage Week there will be special events happening across Australia – check with your local church, Christian Radio station.
Marriage Week gives a husband and wife, together with those who are preparing to marry, the opportunity and encouragement to focus on their relationship.
The value of marriage, which as a binding public commitment, becomes the foundation of healthy families, healthy children, and a healthy community.
Marriage is ‘the union of a man and a woman to the exclusion of all others, voluntarily entered into for life’
The quality of our nation’s marital relationships will be a determining factor in the destiny of Australia. The strength of Australian families depends on the qualities of the relationships between our nation’s mothers and fathers. Therefore marriage should be encouraged, strengthened, valued and supported by society and individuals in every possible way as a social good.
- Join the Marriage Investment Bank to receive the occasional “tip” for your marriage plus the main return during Marriage Week.
- Learn from the eagles! Download & read this message from Col & Jan Stringer.
- Send your spouse a message of appreciation – sms, an email or write a note.
- Do you want to learn more on communication skills, conflict resolution etc in marriage? There are many books around and we have selected out a few that we like ~ download our booklist here(zipped pdf).
- Download one of our special prints.
- Check out your Love Language
- Do you have that special married couple whom you have used as “role” models? Tell them of this, after checking with your spouse of course, and ask them to be ‘mentors’ to you.
- Check out whether a Marriage Week event is being held near you.
- Listen to Chuck Swindolls “prescription for Love & Marriage“.
- What is a recipe for a brilliant marriage? Download a version here
Use the top menu to access these areas
Have there been family members or others whose marriage has been a model to you over the years, if so, write them a letter or card of appreciation.
Encourage others to join the Marriage Investment Bank
If you have a healthy marriage (no-one has a perfect marriage!) offer to mentor a younger married couple.
Arrange a celebratory lunch or dinner during marriage week for your married friends and or family and ask the longest married couples to share their secrets of marriage
Encourage your church to participate in Marriage Week
- Research shows that on average married people have good relationships with their children; families enjoy better physical health, married men earn more money. Wow, that puts a lot of weight on marriage!
- Other research shows that kissing is good for the teeth – it can reduce the possibility of decay!
- Married people, especially married men, have longer life expectancy than do otherwise similar singles.