The primary meaning of science, as given by Webster, is: “Knowledge of principles and causes: ascertained truths or facts.” Galileo Galilei is quoted as saying:
“The glory and greatness of Almighty God are marvellously discerned in all his works and divinely read in the open book of heaven. For let no one believe that reading the lofty concepts written in that book leads to nothing further than the mere seeing of the splendour of the sun and the stars and their rising and setting, which is as far as the eyes of brutes and of the vulgar can penetrate” By generating new knowledge and research, science provides solutions to national and global health challenges, which relies on the integrity of the science on which it relies.
Father forgive those who have failed to show compassion and a duty of care whilst working with patients and their loved ones.
Pray for medical staff who suffer from emotional traumas that come along with their jobs. Matthew 11:28-30. Pray that they take care of themselves physically and mentally and ensure they spend that quality time with their own family. Pray for their spouse and family.
Pray for wisdom for our government,health professionals,and advisers as they seek the right reforms and funding for the health care system, including palliative care, Jm 1:5. Pray that they value all life, regardless of age, location, background or health. Pray for faithfulness in their marriage.
Pray our healthcare professionals will not succumb to worldly pressures to yield to temptation; but they remain committed to their oath to “do no harm.” Deuteronomy 5:17. Pray that their homes would provide them with a sanctuary from their work and that truth and faithfulness would be their constant guide.
With the increase in lifespan may come pressure on families to cater for needs of elderly family members. Pray that all involved respect the wisdom of older people,and treat them with dignity. Exodus 20:12. Pray that marriage and family bonds will be strengthened. Pray that society does not automatically sit back and expect government agencies to take over the responsibility to love and protect the vulnerable.
- Pray for scientists doing research, that scientific data is not falsified/manipulated to produce the conclusion wanted. With pressure to produce results some scientists may find themselves in a situation where they feel they must abuse the system, maybe to obtain promotion or financial gain in order to satisfy their ego, their boss or the desires or constants of family. Proverbs 12:22.
- Give thanks and praise for all those who work in the health care industry and for the gifts that God has given them. Thank Him for the sacrifice many make in order to ensure that quality care is available and given. Thank God for the families who support them. Pray for protection for them all and their relationships.
- Some patients and their families are often already dealing with deep issues such as pain, fear, anger, confusion, loss and death. Pray that all involved in their care are compassionate, humble and wise as they minister. Colossians 3:12.
- Pray for sexual purity in all levels of health care, including aged care facilities, and in the nation. Pray for healing in marriages fractured by affairs, alcoholism, pornography, drug addictions and other vices the enemy uses to tear husbands and wives apart.
- Pray for those who have family members living at home who need assistance &/or nursing. Pray that they would receive the support they need from the health care industry, that they would have access to quality respite care when needed and that there is understanding, compassion and loving support between family members. Pray that relationships in the family are not neglected.