The concentration of media ownership in Australia is one of the highest in the world and its power and influence can be used for either good or evil. The entertainment industry can be used to model vices such as materialism, promiscuity, substance abuse, and violence, but also can be used to model that which is good and wholesome. Interactive entertainment (computer games & virtual worlds) allows users to become part of that world and has the potential to effect the way in which consumers relate to the real world.
- Lord, on behalf of these groups, we ask your forgiveness where ego, pride, ungodly lifestyles and the love of money may have interfered with the truth and integrity of their work and creativity. Mark 7:21-22.
- Thank God that through social media stories from those who have found freedom from ungodly lifestyles plus details of any resultant physical or mental injuries suffered are being told. Pray for their protection and healing, and that the media etc would turn from censoring these truths and grant them great coverage. Pray for their families.
- Please pray for the spouses and families of those whose loved ones are foreign correspondents who often face dangers in covering war and terror, including kidnap, tropical diseases and even death. Pray for the safety of these journalists and camera crews, and that they would be commited to accuracy and integrity; telling both sides of the story. Please pray for protection for them from traumatic stress.John 14:27. Thank God for them.
- Pray for the spouses and families of reporters who report on crime & corruption. Both they and their loved one may be threatened, bullied, receive hate mail and encounter danger with this work. Pray for the safety of these journalists and camera crew and that they would be bold to confront evil and injustice with truth, understanding and compassion for human weakness. Give thanks for them.
- Journalists may be called to work long hours and keep their ‘phones on. It often requires courage, strength and resilience to tell the stories they find. Prov. 22:21. Please pray for them and their relationships and marriages, which often may suffer due to this workload. Pray they would find ways to put their spouse and any dependant children first.
- Pray that God would show families any areas where they have allowed unhealthy influences to come into their homes through the entertainment and media industries. This might include watching morally inappropriate movies, failing to control what is seen and heard in their homes or using the TV as a ‘nanny’ for the children. Proverbs 22:6. Pray that they would repent of all such sin. Pray for wisdom and discernment for families as they seek wholesome and acceptable alternatives for themselves and their families.Hebrews 5:14.
- Thank the Lord that good internet filters are available, and pray that they are installed in all homes and other places where there is a vulnerability to looking at entertainment etc which does not honour God.
- Pray that the people of these industries seek to make the world a better place; replacing division, judgement and blame with love, truth, empathy and understanding. That this would also be the hallmark of their homes. Give thanks and praise for those who do.
- Pray for the marriages of those who work in the media and entertainment industries. Pray that couples would be faithful to each other,encouraging one another in love; not given to lust, lewdness, drunkenness or deceit. Pray that they would be helped to resist all attempts physical or spiritual to destroy their marriage. Prv 5:15.
- Pray for those entertainers who testify as to the importance of their families and their faith, that the Lord strengthens and emboldens them and grants them favour. Psalm 84:15. Thank God for them.
- Pray that God raises up media moguls, staff members and executives who are committed to accuracy and integrity in television, radio and print mediums and know the stability of a loving home.
- Pray that God would convict the consciences of those who create, distribute, and profit from media & entertainment that is ungodly; that they might see the damage they have done to individuals and families, and turn from their shameful ways.Proverbs 28:6
“Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.”Phil 4:6 KJV