Righteousness and justice are the foundation of God’s throne; PS 89:14. The preamble to the Australian constitution contains the words, “Humbly relying on the blessing of Almighty God”. Pray for God’s will to be done in every area of our justice system, for Godly wisdom for all those in authority in this sphere.
Please pray that judges and magistrates are appointed who will stand against ungodliness and injustice, uphold righteous laws, and who are both wise and humble. That all involved in the legal system work to ensure that our laws respect the right to life and freedom of every human being from conception to natural death and the role of motherhood and fatherhood in raising children and that all proposed ungodly laws are defeated.
- Pray for an end to the violence in families perpetrated by harsh words, deadly weapons, or cold indifference. May our homes, our nation, become a haven of peace. Ephesians 4:32.
- Pray for strength and wisdom for parents to teach children how to resolve differences non-violently and respectfully, and the courage to model it in their own behavior in their marriage. Prov 22:6. Pray this also for those whose marriage has ended.
- Pray for healing and justice for all those who have experienced violence in the hands of family members. Pray that their experience would turn them towards God and not drive them away from Him. Pray that God would help them to forgive those who have hurt them, so that they can be free from bitterness, depression and hopelessness. Pray that God would bring good out of their suffering. Colossians 3:13. (One in 6 Australian women and 1 in 16 men have been subjected, since the age of 15, to physical and/or sexual violence by a current or previous cohabiting partner. (ABS 2017b)).
- Thank God for the work of the police, for their dedication to peace and justice, and their spouses and family who support them. Their work is often sacrificial and challenging. Pray that there would not be any prejudice or social injustice when arrests are made.
- Pray that there would be a culture of sexual purity in those who uphold law and order in our nation, that they would remember their marriage vows if married. Hebrews 13:4.
- Pray that those who uphold law and justice in our nation would be freed from any addictions to paedophilia, drugs, pornography, domestic violence and child abuse. That their home would be a safe refuge.
- Pray that police officers would show respect & compassion, even in very difficult situations. Pray for protection over the police,physically,spiritually, emotionally, mentally as they engage with people who do not respond positively. Pray that they do not let those attitudes adversely affect the way they treat their spouse and family. Ask God to give officers the qualities they need to be able to do their job and not to become hardened and cynical. Pray that they would find hope and peace in Jesus. Philippians 4:7, Ps 91.
- Pray for police officers and staff and those working in correctional centres – for their marriages and families. Pray that they would have opportunities to spend quality time with their families, and that they would be able to manage their work/life balance effectively.
- Pray for support and healing for those police officers who have experienced traumatic situations in their work and find it hard to deal with them; that their spouse would be sensitive to their emotional wellbeing.
- Pray for those in prison, that there would be a culture of respect and fairness in all areas of the prison system. Pray for their families and any children. Pray that there would be the necessary support for all family members and for those re-entering society after leaving prison. Pray for the christian chaplains who minister in those places.
- Pray that Christians who have a dispute with another christian would seek to be reconciled rather than go to court and be judged by unbelievers. Mat 5:25. This is equally true in a troubled marriage.
“Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.” (Philippians 4:6 (KJV))