National Day of Prayer for Defence 28/3/2020.
- Pray for all members of the Defence Force, and all serving especially those who are in a traditional marriage relationship – that the Lord may preserve them from all harm.Ps 91:11. Pray that even in war zones, they may keep clearly before them the defense of all human rights.
- Pray especially at this time for all who are going through grief journies, especially those in the protection services, and all who have been affected by drought/fire and their families.(Ps 147:3)
- Pray that governments would provide appropriate funding for the Defence Force and that they receive sound guidance to enable them to do so and such funding includes not only equipment but also funding for the emotional well being of all serving members whether married or single.
- Pray for all stratas of government – Federal, Local, State & Territory, and their staff that they would administer this nation with integrity and respect, pursuing true peace and justice. Pray that there would not be any sexual immorality within them, that they would value all life and they would honour traditional marriage. Pray for the reverential Fear of God to come upon all. Thank God for them.Prv 14:34,Heb 13:4.
- Pray that the nation’s courts and legal system would uphold truth and justice and work to strengthen traditional marriage and family life.
- Thank God for our Prime Minister – that he has the Word of God in him. Pray for courage, wisdom and favour for him and that he fears God more than man. Please pray that he has at all times the full support of his cabinet and party even when they disagree and that his party and cabinet withstand any media attempts to manipulate.
- Pray that the Lord may help families with men and women in the Defence Force to cope with daily challenges in the absence of their loved ones.
Pray this also for those parliamentarians who spend periods of time away from their families.
- Thank the Lord for the personal sacrifice made by many parliamentarians and their families, pray God’s protection of them, including from ‘hate’ mail.
- Thank the Lord for the personal sacrifice made by those in the Defence Force and their families.
- Thank the Lord for the RSL clubs, and other support services for members of the military – may they also be sensitive to the special needs of those who are married.
When praying for those in a married or soon to be married relationship in this sphere, please pray:
- that husbands & wives would each ‘draw a line’ that protects them when they are away from each other, from having inappropriate relationships. Prv 3:3-4.
- that they (& everyone else) would repent & cleanse themselves of toleration of sexual immorality, pornography & materialism, & switch off that ungodly entertainment. Prv 4:23.
- that they may live in awareness of the promises they made to each other on their wedding day and that they would live out those vows. 1 Cor 13:7.
When praying for our nation’s leaders and military, consider the following Bible verses:
- “Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and he shall lift you up.” James 4:10 KJV
- “But it shall not be so among you: but whosoever will be great among you, let him be your minister;” Matt 20:26 KJV
- “Look not every man on his own things, but every man also on the things of others.” Phil 2:4 KJV
- “A bishop then must be blameless, the husband of one wife, vigilant, sober, of good behaviour, given to hospitality, apt to teach;” 1 Tim 3:2 KJV
- “Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.” Phil 4:6 KJV.
- “Let everyone be subject to the governing authorities, for there is no authority except that which God has established.”Rom 13:1 NIV