In this election year for our Federal Parliament (& NSW State Parliament) Australians need to pray & declare urgently that truth and freedom will win out in our media and in all electioneering by political parties and their supporters; that foreign influence for evil would be prevented from influencing the outcome of elections; that people would look to the values that candidates hold before casting their votes, and any plans for evil over elections would be broken. Pray that all stratas of government would administer this nation with integrity and respect, pursuing true peace and justice. PRAY for the reverential Fear of God to come upon all Parliamentarians and their staff advisors, for courage and favour for our Prime Minister to speak God’s Words of Truth and purposes. Pray that the Lord will soften hearts to His way and truth. ‘Our Father in heaven, hallowed be Your name. Your kingdom come, Your will be done, on earth as it is in heaven.’ Amen.
- Pray for all members of the Federal Government and parliamentary staff especially those who are in a traditional marriage relationship. Heb 13:4.
- Pray for all members of State & Territory Parliaments and parliamentary staff especially those who are in a traditional marriage relationship.
- Pray for all members of the Defence Force, and all serving especially those who are in a traditional marriage relationship – that the Lord may preserve them from all harm. Ps 91:11. Pray that even in war, they may keep clearly before them the defense of all human rights.
- Pray that governments would provide appropriate funding for the military and that they receive sound guidance to enable them to do so and such funding includes not only equipment but also funding for the emotional well being of all serving members whether married or single.
- Pray that the families, relatives and friends of our Defence Force members may be strengthened in times of loved ones’ deployment.
- Pray that the Lord may help families with men and women in the armed forces to cope with daily challenges in the absence of their loved ones.
Pray this also for those parliamentarians who spend periods of time away from their families.
- Thank the Lord for the personal sacrifice made by many parliamentarians and their families, pray God’s protection of them, including from ‘hate’ mail.
- Thank the Lord for the personal sacrifice made by those in the Defence Force and their families.
- Thank the Lord for the RSL clubs, and other support services for members of the military – may they also be sensitive to the special needs of those who are married.
When praying for those in a married or soon to be married relationship in this sphere, please pray:
- that husbands & wives would each ‘draw a line’ that protects them when they are away from each other, from having inappropriate relationships. Prv 3:3-4.
- that they (& everyone else) would repent & cleanse themselves of toleration of sexual immorality, pornography & materialism, & switch off that ungodly entertainment. Prv 4:23.
- that they may live in awareness of the promises they made to each other on their wedding day and that they would live out those vows. 1 Cor 13:7.
When praying for our nation’s leaders and military, consider the following Bible verses:
- “Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and he shall lift you up.” James 4:10 KJV
- “But it shall not be so among you: but whosoever will be great among you, let him be your minister;” Matt 20:26 KJV
- “Look not every man on his own things, but every man also on the things of others.” Phil 2:4 KJV
- “A bishop then must be blameless, the husband of one wife, vigilant, sober, of good behaviour, given to hospitality, apt to teach;” 1 Tim 3:2 KJV
- “Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.” Phil 4:6 KJV.