Religion is composed of a set of morals, rules,and often is based on faith. Christinity is a relationship with Jesus Christ, a faith in Almighty God. The Son of God told Christians to “Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world.” Matthew 28:19-20 (KJV)
Philosophy is a critic of belief and belief systems devoted to wisdom which acts as a guiding principle for behaviour.
“For the wisdom of this world is foolishness with God.” (1Cor 3:19 KJV)
- Pray that all Christians would live out their faith in the midst of the world, being that salt and light.(Matthew 5:13-16)Pray that Christians would be strong and courageous willing to give their testimony. The carnal person fears man, not God. The strong Christian fears God, not man. The weak Christian fears man too much, and God too little. (Rev.John Flavel)
- God created ‘marriage’. Please pray for those who are in a traditional marriage, especially Christians – that their marriage is based on committment as long as they both live, that they serve one another cheerfully and that they sacrificially choose to love one another always. Christian marriages should reflect the gospel.
- Pray that those who endorse assisted suicide/’mercy killing’ or endorse abortion remember that they were also ‘born’. Pray that all people are valued Ps 100:3. Pray that those considering ending a person’s life either in womb or out of it, would receive godly council. (Ps 100:3) Pray also for compassion and healing for those who have taken this step.(Romans 3:23)
- Pray that there be no ‘religious spirit’ attached to Christians – including married couples and that all would serve the Lord with joy. That all would be humble.(Phil 2:3)
In NSW there are now ‘ethics’ classes (SEE) as an alternative to SRE. Children are taught to ‘think, reason and discuss’. The website ‘primaryethics.com.au’ states: ‘Students are encouraged and supported to make their own judgments about whether something is right or wrong, good or bad and to explain why, using evidence and reason. All Primary Ethics classes are based on this approach as distinct from blind appeal to authority or moral relativist approaches.’
- Please pray that children would be led to form opinions based on biblical truths. Pray for those leading these classes – for God’s will to be done through them.
- Pray for churches to work together to ensure that all schools have a SRE teacher. Pray that the material used in SRE would clearly lead students to know and understand biblical ethics. Thank God for SRE and those who teach it.
- Pray for all married couples that, with the Lord’s help, they may teach each other, and any children, the truth that is the Word of God, so that family members are brought up in knowledge and fear of the Lord.
- Thank God for the gift of religious liberty we had in the past and those who upheld it, pray that all people would be able to practise true freedom of conscience.
“Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.”(Philippians 4:6 (KJV))