The Sphere of Arts has the potential to touch lives in a powerful way and can be used to communicate the gospel message. It is an important means for believers to engage with society, whether through the performing arts, visual arts or other creative arts. Artists are often more sensitive to God’s creation.
- Please pray that artists acknowledge that artistic expression is a gift from God and humbly use it for good and not for evil. Pray God’s blessing on the work of their hands when it is used for good.
- Pray for wisdom and discernment for those who use public monies to support the arts, and for that which is displayed in the public arena.
- Pray that artists who are in a traditional marriage would be able to reflect accurately in their art,the beauty and challenges of married life in a way that honours their spouse.
- Pray that as artists use their art to reflect the good, the ill, the strengths and the weaknesses of the human spirit, they will remember that all people are of value. That they would have compassion on the human condition, and ensure that they do not let their art influence their spouse, if married, or family for harm.
- Pray that artists would not become bitter as they reflect life’s struggles in their art, but they would be forgiving and reflect this heart of forgiveness towards their spouse, if married, and family.(Col 3:13)
- Pray for those who raise their voices in songs of praise to God in the public arena – that they would be faithful to their spouse, if married, and humbly model purity and chastity and not yield to any temptations that may come their way.(1 Cor 10:13)
- Pray for poets and writers that they would use their gifts from God for good and not for evil and would be loyal and faithful to their families.
- Pray for spouses and families of artists, that they would be patient and understanding with them especially when they are immersed in their work. That speech between them would always be gracious, seasoned with salt, so that they may know how they ought to answer each person.(Col4:6)
- Pray that Christian artists would create as an act of worship to God, giving thanks for the gift they have been blessed with. That this would be a witness to fellow artists.(Thes 5:18)
- Pray that Christian artists would know that God will supply all the needs of them and their family as they learn to rely on and trust in Him.(Prv 3:5)
“Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.”Phil 4:6 KJV