The influence of postmodern thought has left its mark on twenty-first century education, introducing concepts such as pluralism, “tolerance,” and the rejection of absolute truth. Today’s curricula are replete with materials that accept – and, in some cases, even condone – immoral activities and lifestyles, which includes sex outside of marriage and marriage between any two people and seek to embed gender theory into school curriculum. Truth and freedom of speech have been compromised in some universities. Christian schools are being challenged when they hold to biblical truths. Meanwhile, revisionist teachings about our country’s founding remove any reference to the Christian underpinnings that have long set our nation apart and helped it thrive.
- Pray that Governments are filled with men & women who work together to ensure that curriculae in Australia’s education system are based on truth and justice and value the nation’s Christian heritage.
- Pray God will bring into position student leaders within student bodies, who are like Daniel, Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego—filled with wisdom and understanding because they know their God and understand the principles of His kingdom so they are not led astray by ungodly philosophies and teachings that are contrary to the truth of the Word of God. (Daniel 1:3-6)
- Pray that parents will have all of the resources necessary to provide properly for their children so that they can grow physically, academically and socially and realise, that, if they are married, the importance of nurturing their marriage. God shall supply all their need according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus. (Philippians 4:19)
- Pray that parents will be active “teachers” in their children’s lives; training their children in theway they should go, so that when they are old they will not depart from it. Pray that honour and respect underpin their relationship with their spouse demonstrating commitment to their marriage. (Proverbs 22:6)
- Pray that fathers will be involved in their children’s lives in a positive way and not anger their children, but raise them properly, teaching them and instructing them about the Lord. Pray that their role as father would be honoured and understood.(Ephesians 6:4)
- Ask the Lord to raise up a new generation of dedicated married and single educators who will commit themselves not only to an honest, accurate presentation of all subject matter, but who will also serve as positive role models to their students by not living in fear of the world, but in fear of the Lord.
- Pray for wisdom and discernment to reign in the hearts of both parents and teachers to safeguard the hearts and minds of our children so that there are no feelings of inadequacy, fear, or uncertainty.
- Pray that parents will take authority over what their children are taught and they would be led to ensure that it lines up with the Word of the Lord – even when they do not know God’s Word.
- Pray that all unrighteousness in school boards and schools would be exposed and removed including: the lust of the flesh, the lust of the eye, and the pride of life.
- Declare that teachers, staff, volunteers, and all who come into contact with students, whether married or not, will positively influence and encourage students in ways leading to righteous living. (Proverbs 1:5)
- Thank the Lord for the place of SRE in our schools and all who work to ensure that it takes place. Pray they understand that the Bible is a ‘love letter’ that ends with a marriage feast.
“Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.”Phil 4:6 KJV