Do you want to strengthen marriages in your congregation?
Participate in ‘The Great Aussie Date Night’ taking place nationally on the Saturday 19th September 2020, the last Saturday of Marriage Week. Help strengthen marriages, rekindling the romance in a fun, enjoyable way. Be part of this national event presenting a united front in support of strong biblical marriages.
- Ministries who focus on marriage and or marriage preparation. Follow this link for their listing and contact them to see what resources they may be able to help you with.
- Looking for a speaker, then our ‘Speakers List’, drawn from our ministry partners is for you. Download the ‘zipped pdf’ here, this gives brief details of the ministries with speakers who may be available to speak either at your ‘Date Night’ or some other marriage event.Your Content Goes Here
For other free resources go to “Date Night Resources“.
- The Christian radio station covering your area. Find out your nearest station through this link, and then go to their web site for contact details. Don’t forget that VisionFM has over 650 ‘repeater stations’ and then there is the internet coverage.
- Whilst it is not fully detailed our outline planning guide might be a helpful start in your planning. Download here.
To provide a quality fun evening for married couples in a safe, friendly environment where marriages are affirmed, celebrated and honoured. A time when couples feel loved and can relax away from the calls of “life”.
Aim if possible for an evening where the wider community is invited and made welcome. Consider inviting local politicians, mayors, business people and of course their spouse!
- A romantic, welcoming venue, use the hospitality industry or run it ‘in house’. Suggestions include: a restaurant or cafe (e.g. do you have a local Gloria Jeans franchise that will host a private function?), function room, a well presented hall or the family home for a smaller group which is non-community based.
- Casual, friendly, safe, fun setting for intimate husband and wife time – not a time to catch up with friends etc!
- Good food is so relaxing and this could be gorgeous deserts with good tea and coffee; wine and cheese; light supper; dinner.
- If you have the capacity within the church – think about child care, not forgetting the various regulations involved; are the senior youth and singles in the congregation able to help here?
Dress – smart casual or formal
- Compered by a married couple who have a number of years of marriage to their ‘credit’.
- Romantic music – do you have a ready made group/band in your muso’s who are able to play gentle, romantic music from across the ages, seeking to cater for all tastes, and of course a vocalist.
- A suitable short story or marriage honouring, fun quotes as an icebreaker or is there someone else locally who can do so.
- Honour the couple present with the longest marriage with a prize, could be a refund on the evening or something bigger – maybe a local business could donate! When honouring the couple have them interviewed on the good things of marriage.
- As part of the advertising seek out the longest married in your community/shire and see how you can honour them.
- A 20 minute presentation, preferably live – see ‘Speakers List’ – or Date Night dvd (Focus on the Family) – or teaching on marriage with insights (our page ‘Videos equipping marriages‘ has resources that may help).